Sitemap generator utility generates sitemap for your site. Sitemaps are vital part of modern day SEO. All search engines rely on sitemaps to index your pages faster. Generating a sitemap is as easy as entering your site home page URL, software does everything else for you.
Sitemap maker is fully customizable
This tool lets you set different parameters such as which HTTP version to use , number of streams to run at the same time, timeout (to abandon a link if it doesn’t responds after set time). Also you can limit number of redirects to avoid long infinite loops (which end up only after server gives up). You can set custom user agent string (or use from a list of standard user agents such Google,Yahoo or popular browsers). You can set sitemap tags for all URL at once or edit each URL individually which enables you to make your sitemap more specific if you need to. For example you can tell search engines what pages are most important (by setting ‘priority’ tag) so that these pages appear higher in search results.
Sitemap maker works very fast
It can use multiple connections and finish crawling (scanning trough all pages of a site) very quickly.
Save sitemap project for editing
Once crawling is finished you can save project and edit sitemap parameters at any time without having to scan the site again. Also you can export all urls and their parameters a csv file which you can edit in external spread sheet editors.
Features of Sitemap Maker
- Can crawl whole site or just part of it (‘stay in path’ option)
- Detects broken links
- Shows you non textual URLs (which are not web pages but links to images,downloads,zip files,videos…)
- Shows you final URL destination if there are redirections
- Sort any column
- Multiple instances can run at the same time
- Has handy functions in right click menu such as copy selected or all url,copy parameter
- Color coded error pages and non HTML pages (you can see at a glance errors and broken links on your site)
- It has two download versions standard installer and portable version that can be run from any computer without installation
- Can use many simultaneous connections and get the job done in shortest time possible
- Can run in single connection mode where only one connection is run at a time (which lets you better see what is going on and also prevents server from refusing to answer from too many requests)
- Free version is more than enough for average users who don’t need to check more than 500 URL addresses
- Many more…